Sencha Skene is a licensed and ordained minister who has been performing weddings and handfastings since 2000.
I have performed same sex marriages as well and have been an LGBTQ+ ally all of my life. If you are in the state of Washington and you need an officiant for your ceremony, please consider me!
Sencha Skene (Charlton Hall) is ordained by…
International Metaphysical Ministry (PhD in Transpersonal Counseling)
About me and why I should conduct your ceremony…
- I believe that any people of legal age of consent who wish to make a lifetime commitment to share their lives should have the ceremony they wish.
- I believe that the people committing to each other in this manner are the only ones who should have a say in the content of their vows, the form of ceremony they choose, and what that ceremony includes.
- I believe that each couple is unique and therefore each couple should have a ceremony as unique as they are. Because of this I will work with you to create a ceremony that is perfect for you.
- I believe that the religious, cultural, ethnic, and spiritual traditions of the couple take precedence and will work with you to create a ceremony that you are both happy with.
- I believe that if the couple wishes to honor the heritage and traditions of parents, grandparents, children, stepchildren, family members, guests and relatives, we can work together to incorporate as many of these traditions as is possible or desired during the ceremony.
- I believe that since your wedding or handfasting is about you as a couple, your ceremony should begin and end with you, and I will work diligently with you to make this happen.
What I do to make all of this happen:
I have studied and incorporated marital traditions from around the world for decades, so I will be able to work with you as a couple to custom-tailor the ceremony you would like. This can include readings, poems, prayers, or songs of your own choosing. This can also include family members, friends, or even pets if you so desire.
The average ceremony is 30 minute to 60 minutes, but if you prefer a longer or shorter ceremony I can work with you to help make your dream a reality. If you are within an hour of the Seattle/Tacoma area I can even set up a rehearsal with you prior to the actual ceremony, or meet with you for a virtual rehearsal through Zoom.
We can work together to create a unique ceremony, or use one of my ‘off the shelf’ ceremonies custom-tailored to a wide variety of Pagan paths, including Wiccan, Druid, Norse, New Age, and Celtic. I can create a religious, spiritual, or secular ceremony for you that focuses on your own spiritual path or that is interfaith and multicultural.
I meet briefly with the couple prior to the ceremony to go over the particulars so there are no lingering questions or rattled nerves on the day of. I will do everything in my power to guide your ceremony to a successful conclusion. I’ve included humor in ceremonies in the past to lighten the mood, or if you prefer a more serious format I will work with you to meet your wishes.
If you would like a unique and joyful ceremony at a reasonable cost, we can work together to make your vision a reality.
DJ & Music Service
I specialize in DJ and music services for those who follow a nature-centered spiritual path. While most other wedding DJs can provide pop music or classical rock, I focus instead on Pagan and nature-centered music from Pagan music icons like Gaia Consort, Damh the Bard, Wendi Rule, Blackmore’s Night, Tuatha Dea, Heilung, Wardruna, Lisa Thiel, Omnia, and many more!
With a library of Pagan and nature-centered music of over 2000 songs, I can make your wedding or handfasting ceremony a unique event to be remembered for the ages!
Click here to see a sample list of songs. If we don’t have your favorites, we’ll do our best to get them for you prior to the reception.
Whether a small, intimate ceremony or a large auditorium, we can meet your needs. We have two separate PA systems. The larger one is a 500-watt system with more than enough power for any occasion.
Use the contact form below for further information.
For an additional fee I also offer videography services featuring up to three camera placements during the ceremony, optional wireless ‘lav’ clip-on mics for improved audio quality, and even drone footage in areas that permit drones!
For videography services I will need to meet with you ahead of time to go over camera placement so that the cameras are as unobtrusive as possible during the actual ceremony. If you would like the reception video recorded as well, we’d need to discuss which parts of the reception you’d like recorded. A separate form would be necessary for this, and I would go over the form with you either by email, telephone, or Zoom conference.